The 2018 / 2019 Premier League season gets underway for Newcastle this Saturday lunchtime when Tottenham Hotspur visit St James Park.
To be brutally honest, the fixture computer could have given us an easier fixture with Tottenham having aspirations of challenging for the Premier League title.
Ahead of the game, we’ve taken a look at just what might be in store for us, when it comes to the record books, unfortunately, it doesn’t make for pleasant reading or does it?
• It appears that this is the fourth time the two clubs have played each other on the opening weekend of a Premier League season, no two other teams can match that record, although some pundits may claim it is a conspiracy.
• Last season, Newcastle United had a miserable time when it came to playing Tottenham, losing both league games and in the process, failing to score in either of the fixtures, hopefully, Newcastle won’t lose three on the bounce against Spurs and also failing to score, the last time that happened was back in 2005.
• When it comes to playing Newcastle, Tottenham invariably score, in fact, they’ve failed to score just once in the last 25 matches.
• For some strange reason, Tottenham start their Premier League campaign away from home for an 8th consecutive season.
• But whilst, on current form Tottenham might appear to be the favourites to win, we should point out that the North London side have, in fact, lost 10 of their opening Premier League fixtures, only West Ham can beat that.
Now, who is going to pick the winner of this one?