In a move that seems earlier than usual and a great help to supporters who want to follow the team in pre-season, Newcastle United announced their plans for the Summer.
Not too long ago, Newcastle fans were left scratching our heads as to what friendlies we would play over the Summer with news coming through as short as a week’s notice for some pairings with ticket details just seemingly ignored as the public was basically seen as a hindrance rather than the most important part of a club. Thankfully these things have been worked on in recent years and under Rafa Benitez’s stewardship, improved tenfold.
Like the last two Summers, Rafa is doing another week-long football camp in Ireland in July and will probably stay again at Carton House. Last season we didn’t play a friendly in Ireland but this year we will when Newcastle face St Patrick’s Athletic on 17th July.
After the Summer camp, our next friendly sees us head down the road to Hull with a game at their ground the following week on the 24th July before flying off to Portugal for a game against European giants, FC Porto on Saturday 28th July.
Newcastle added to the announcement of fixtures by saying that another game should be scheduled in time to be played on August 1st before our pre-season planning ends with a game at St James’ Park when German side FC Augsburg come to town. This game is on Saturday 4th August.
Newcastle United Summer Schedule
- v St. Patrick’s Athletic. Richmond Park stadium. Tuesday, 17th July ( 7.45pm kick-off)
- v Hull City. KCOM stadium. Tuesday, 24th July (7.45pm kick-off)
- v FC Porto. Estádio do Dragão. Saturday, 28th July (kick-off to be confirmed)
- Game pencilled in for Wednesday, August 1st. Awaiting details.
- v FC Augsburg. St James’ Park. Saturday, 4th August (3 pm kick-off)