Date: 16th June 2020 at 9:10am
Written by: Shaun Williamson

Lots of Newcastle United fans have flocked to a recent tweet from divisive Geordie figure Steve Wraith this week.

The actor relayed a message from the UK government’s foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, who thanked the Saudi state for the ‘generous donation’ of ‘hundreds of thousands’ of medical gowns to the NHS to help tackle the impact of the global pandemic.

This, of course, has sent the blinkers flashing in the minds of many supporters at St James’ Park.

The Saudis are the main backers in the current takeover saga with their public investment fund set to purchase 80% of the club from Mike Ashley with the remaining 20% split equally between Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers.

How confident are you that the PL will approve the takeover?

Very

Very

Worried

Worried

Not sure

Not sure

Currently, the Premier League are still mulling over the owners and directors test, as they have been for two months now.

There has been a lot of back-and-forth about the Saudi’s influence in pirate TV service beoutQ which illegally broadcasts sports events, including Premier League matches.

Now, much of the Magpies faithful believe that the top-flight rejecting any deal is incomprehensible because of the relationship between the UK government and the Middle Eastern state.

Here’s what has been said…

 
Click for the forum