Mike Ashley currently has no offer on the table from the Bin Zayed Group, according to The Chronicle.
On their website, they stated: “Our understanding this morning is that there is NO bid from the BZG on the table at the moment.”
Judging by the supporters’ reactions on social media the fanbase is divided, with some believing the statement, while others think the opposite and that there is an offer from the middle east company.
The Sun have previously reported that there is a bid and have even updated their initial story by insisting the deal is ‘progressing well.’
Capital Radio UAE sports presenter Peter Redding, who maintains he is in contact with the Bin Zayed Group, Tweeted: “Contrary to some media outlets reporting there is no bid on the table, BZG have stated this is “simply not true.
“Also pushed them on statement – “Incoming” was all I was told. For the sake of all fans the two parties need to finalise this and communicate.”
The Chronicle does not agree and the polar stances have been mirrored by the supporters and some took to Twitter to express which side of the fence they find themselves on.
— NUFC 360 (@NUFC360) July 5, 2019
But BZG and Amanda Staveley both insist they’ve put bids in when NUFC have denied it. I know who I believe
— SouthernMagpie (@magpie_southern) July 5, 2019
The bid exists. It’s just not on the table. It’s in the bin
— Dave Conley (@realworld666) July 5, 2019
A price has been agreed(heads of terms)so no bid is required.
— MSW (@Toonattics) July 5, 2019
Good angle. To be honest the truthis probably more likely ashley is liar…trying to think around that point is probably daft. He lies all the bloody time
— Simon (@LittleHenryD) July 5, 2019
Yet @dubai_geordie says his source at BZG says it’s not true that there is no bid.
— Andy Ebdale (@ebdale4) July 5, 2019
Never was and never will be
— MAGPIES (@mrtboy64) July 5, 2019
Never has been a bid, more fool anyone who believed it
— Daniel Hayes (@firstnamedaniel) July 5, 2019
No, there is a bid from BZG I am certain of it. The seller however is doing everything possible to stall the sale so they pull out and he can issue a “not my fault” statement. Can’t tell me at least 2 bidders have gotten this far without some kind of proof of funds
— Edward Farms (@Eddief83) July 5, 2019
— Tyneside Mag (@MagTyneside) July 5, 2019
Bin zayed telling fibs then ????
— Jamie Storey (@jamiewstorey) July 5, 2019